Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Fontainebleau & Hotel Recommendation

-->


I recently stayed at the 4-star hotel, Aigle Noir, due to a off-season, reduced rate and its great location across the street from the Chateau de Fontainebleau. When I checked in, my designated room was not yet ready; however, the very friendly young man at the front desk offered to upgrade my reservation to a suite (at no extra charge). Why not? I really just expected a larger room at any rate (pardon the pun). I also noticed the charming lounge with a fireplace, just off the lobby and mentally noted to have a drink there later that evening.

The “suite” was indeed “sweet” and comprised two full bathrooms, very large bedroom with table/sitting area and desk, a separate living room, and a complimentary beverage area along the corridor – Wow – I was impressed!

First important test, though, was connecting to Internet via the hotel’s free wifi: my netbook connected fine to wifi but “no Internet access.” So, I took my netbook to the lobby to ask for help (ok, really to complain). Fabian, the same young Frenchman at the reception desk, kindly spent about 20 minutes checking out my netbook settings, etc. (all in English) to solve the access problem, while chatting and with my translating in French (although he understood a little computer English) Eh, voila! OK, now I was doubly impressed – the customer service was great.

Although I only stayed one night here, Aigle Noir provided royal service and was well worth splurging a little — after all I was just across from a royal chateau!
Lobby


Receptionist Fabian


Hotel Lounge

Suite corridor



Fontainebleau


Caleche



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment