Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Restaurant in Vence – ‘Cuisine de caractère’

With an advert tagline of “Fraîcheur d’Eté sous la tonnelle” (summer freshness under the arbor), I decided to check out the restaurant for lunch, Les Templiers on a hot day. Yes, it truly is a charming venue to escape the summer heat, while enjoying the upscale cuisine and professional service - I had the best crème brulée I have ever eaten (light and creamy and not sickening sweet)!

Unfortunately, I missed out on the Plat du Jour Dejeuner 15€ menu, served on Thursdays in July, so had to order from the 29€ or 39€ three-course menu or à la carte. A bit pricey, but I have to say, the setting, service, and food was well worth splurging a little. And yes, I would go back; in fact, I am planning on taking some friends there on their next visit!

Cavaillon melon
Cavaillon melon
Duck with special puree of potatoes
Duck with special puree of potatoes
Fish "lieu jaune"
Fish “lieu jaune”

Creme brulee
Creme brulee
Grape arborGoat sculpture crafted from old tools



No comments:

Post a Comment