Translate

Saturday, May 5, 2012

From their heart to mine –– a belated wedding gift!

Having noticed how truly and totally in love I was (really quite obvious that I was head-over-heels), my friends phoned me to ask if they could give us a somewhat unusual wedding gift.

They had decided not to add to their household population, and so, were asking me if we wanted their three-month old puppy – the one at their pool that day when I was visiting – YES, Bullet! Quelle surprise – it only took me a nanosecond to answer OUI, absolutely! Avec plaisir and with tears of joy!

Yet, being an empty-nester (my daughter was in college), I didn’t want to be one of those women with their dogs – mon Dieu! That being said, I did like the idea of hearing the pitter-patter of little paws around the house and of taking care of and spoiling our new arrival – and boy, did I ever!

Bullet soon became our (or should I say, my) raison d’être – buying all kinds of toys, coats, and even a chic, miniature sofa bed for him – oui, even my animal-loving husband was charmed by him. Bullet was, bien sûr, un chien vraiment bien aimé (a truly loved dog), et indeed, I was a woman gaga crazy about my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment